Monday, April 5, 2010

Why blog?

Welcome!!
I would first like to thank my friends who read my personal journal for inspiring me to create this blog.

I gave in to their urging and decided to create a more public, faith based blog. This blog will also focus on infertility. I would like to make it clear that it is my hope that this blog will provide hope and comfort to anyone who has ever dealt with infertility (directly or indirectly).

So let's get this started....

Who am I?
I am a late twenty-something Christian woman struggling with infertility.

I have been married to my wonderful husband for nearly five years.

We have been trying to have a baby for over four years.

I am diagnosed with PCOS and ultra-sensitive hypothyroidism. As of this time, I am yet to give birth to a living baby.

For a while, I was quite angry and upset with God.
In fact, angry isn't even the appropriate word for it.
I was down right infuriated with God. Ask my Pastor, He'll tell you.
I've struggled with the "why me" and "God is torturing me" type thoughts.
I'm stubborn. It took a while for me to realize that God truly does have a plan for me and it is not my place to question HIS Works.

Infertility has changed my heart, my soul, and my faith.

To some (you know who you are), my faith is an inspiration.

This past Sunday (Easter Sunday), I went to my "home" Church and began thinking about the urging (also known as peer pressure) of my friends. I thought about how journaling helps me. I then thought about the possibilities of keeping a faith based (and then some) journal for all to read.

This journal is a work in progress. I look forward to writing, reflecting, and growing. I also look forward to seeing where this journal takes me. And of course... I look forward to reading comments. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog (infertility and my faith) I am so very glad to meet you. I look forward to reading your blog. I don't have many followers or readers at all on my blog but I still love to write and get my feelings out there. You can find me on facebook with the email address manthamae07@gmail.com and I am on myspace with the same address. I have also created infertility page on myspace it is at http://www.myspace.com/praying4achild I would love to share your story on there. Send me something about you and I will post it on there. There are alot of girls that have their stroy posted on there so feel free to read them, they are very encouraging. Alot of them are my personal friends that I have had for years. When I began writing on here it helped me deal with my feelings. I look forward to hearing from you. And they have some awesome blog layouts at thecutestblogontheblock.com God Bless you. Where are you from? Samantha

LeLe Geib said...

I am from Pennsylvania. I don't know how many people are reading, but I know this blog helps me. I also keep another blog but do not keep a myspace. I do have facebook and will look for you there.

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...