Saturday, May 29, 2010

Loving Alyssa

I wanted to share the email below with everyone.
My friend Alyssa is truly a blessing in my life.
She and I used to work together and we don't get to see one another as often as we would like - but she's always been there for me. She's the definition of a true Christian woman and I absolutely adore her. She's a blessing to me.

I am so excited to hear that she is pregnant. It's not easy for me to become excited for pregnant women, but Alyssa is a different story. I'm truly excited for her!! I felt her email was just so kind, so heartfelt, so wonderful and caring.

God sure has blessed me with some amazing friends.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there,

Just wanted to shoot you a quick message. I just got caught up on your new blog, and saw your post about accepting help in making your dream come true. I just wanted to say... I don't know, is congratulations appropriate?? Haha... maybe good luck, or hooray... I don't know...I'm just HAPPY FOR YOU, there, that's it! I'm happy for your possibilities and potential. I have been thinking about you a lot lately.

I wanted to tell you this in person, but I just honestly don't know when we'll meet up again, so I'll just say it. I'm pregnant. And it has been weighing on me, because I feel guilty about it knowing what you're going through. All of me hurts for you. I read your posts and blogs and just know what a battle this has been for you, for years, and I know it's just not fair. I never know what to say, and feel like anything I could muster would be trite and shallow, and unknowing, so I just don't say anything at all. But I have been grieving with and for you. I am so impressed with the courage you've shown in giving it up to God, but I still can't help but feel like you must be hurting, deep down. And I so wish I could just take it all away.

I haven't even mustered up the courage to tell most of my family yet, because I just wanted to talk to you first. I can usually talk about most things with lightness and humor, but I feel like that would be such an insult to you. And I just wanted you to know that I feel your pain. And I worry about you, and I think about you, and I care about you. And I know what a blessing I have been given, and it's not something I take lightly. And it's a blessing that I know one day will come to you.

I am so excited for you and this new journey you're starting. And I hope it ends with the best results.

Love,
Alyssa

1 comment:

Mrs. Hollenbach said...

YAY!!

XO to both of you!!

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...