Sunday, May 30, 2010

Psalm 27:14




'Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!'
Psalm 27:14




It seems like waiting is quite possibly one of thee most frustrating things someone has to do when in my situation (re: infertility). I am one of those people, yes THOSE people who likes to have answers immediately. I mean, why not? Hungry? There's a Drive Thru right there. Need money? Swipe your card at the ATM and voila! Got a question? Hello, Google!


I've been thinking a lot about the blessings in my life and the blessings to come.


I am blessed to have amazing relationships.


My marriage is strong. My husband, my rock.


My family is the definition of love.


My friends are amazing.


My co-workers are awesome.


My relationship with God is much better now than it has been in years.


I'm blessed with so many wonderful gifts.


Sometimes I feel guilty (yes, you read that right).


Here I am in a great marriage, making good money, having great family and friends and despite the infertility issues - I'm in relatively good health.


Who am I to want more?


But I know in my heart that God is calling me to be a mother.


I know it.


It's not just a biological desire. It's a feeling God has blessed me with.


I'm not ashamed to say I need help with waiting on the Lord.


Definitely not ashamed. He knows I'm impatient and longing.


He knows my desires (He gave them to me!)


I just need to trust in HIM and HIS time.


We'll get there.




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...