Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The beauty in ... fruit!


Galatians 5:22-23 ~ "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

In other words... GOD wants YOU to be GOOD!

Think of it this way, if I had two bananas... and one was completely rotten and the other looking oh so yummy... which one would you want?

Life is a bit like these bananas. You have the good yummy people and you have the bad yucky people. We've got the good and the bad. The issue is how we deal with those people.

Negativity is never good. But we all struggle with it. Tis true.

Sure, I have this wonderful blog that you are reading right now but guess what... I definitely get negative from time to time.

I need to remember that God wants me to be good fruit. God wants US to be good fruit.

Paul writes to us in the Bible about the Fruit of the Spirit. He talks about the way Christians should treat others and how we should do things that make God happy with us. Paul did NOT promise us that it would be easy.

If there is anything I have learned in life, especially the past 12-24 months - it is that negativity is just not good for your body, your soul, or your surroundings (including people).

Faith goes a long way.

I mean seriously... if you told me a year or two ago that I'd see God's love in a strawberry....I'd think you were crazy.

But then again, in reality it doesn't matter how I see or feel God's love. What matters is that I know and you know that it is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...