Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Eh...

My appointment went "ok" today.

Let's start with the good news first. My beta rose from 515 on Friday to 2, 395 today. This is GREAT news. However, we do have a slight problem.

I'm definitely on the watch right now for a miscarriage. On Friday, my progesterone level was a 10. Today, it is 9.8. This is a 0.2 drop. Progesterone is the hormone that keeps pregnancy on-going.

Because of this drop, I'm going in for an ultrasound on Thursday afternoon. I'm really nervous about this. She did warn me that it may be too soon to see the heart beating and to NOT worry if we do not see the heart beating.

My Rx for the progesterone supplements instructed me to store the caplets in the fridge. The nurse thinks this could possibly be the problem, and we hope thats all it is. So now the supplements are OUT of the fridge and at room temperature in hopes that my body absorbs the progesterone better because it doesn't have to break down the temperature in addition to the content.

I'm hoping and praying this is all we need to do. I'm being told not to worry, but how can I NOT worry?

I'm already in love with this child.
Hubby and I rub my belly every night and pray for our baby.
I need to continue to trust in the Lord and His plan. And while I do trust in the Lord, I also know that if I were to miscarry I could never go through this again. This just has to be it for us.

So please pray for us and for our baby. Pray for good results on Thursday and continued good results as we move along on this journey.

We'd appreciate it. Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...