Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Baby classes

Last night, we started our prenatal/baby classes.

The class seems like it's going to be very beneficial. The first hour of class is all lecture and discussion. Last night I learned a few interesting things.

1. A pregnant woman SLEEPING is doing just as much work as an average woman mountain climbing (metabolically speaking).

2. A pregnant woman has such an increase in estrogen that its almost like taking 100 bcp's.

I don't know how accurate that is, but it got my attention. I also learned about some nutrition and how it's healthier for baby if I were to make a sandwich at 10pm rather than eat a pack of donuts.

The second hour of class is rather intimate. Lights are dimmed and we're taught a wide variety of exercises to do with our husbands/coaches as well as on our own. We bring our own blankets and pillows and they provide mats and music. It was very informative!

Classes will be 2 hours a week until the end of September. What's neat is so far hubby gets the homework. His homework this week is to find ways/techniques to massage and relax me. His final exam is to pack my hospital bag without my help and present it to the class on the last night with what he packed me and why. I so hope I can get that on video. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...