Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mission Rhogam = complete

Well - the third trimester blood work is DONE!

I've had all the testing and so far so good. Yesterday, I had Rhogam administration because I'm B- therefore Rh-. The only thing that stinks about the Rhogam shot is it is a LARGE needle and it goes right into the thigh muscle (or butt if you choose). But the serum in the shot is thick so it takes about 90 seconds for it all to get in there - it burns! But it's worth it! I really need to ask some questions about it because Rh- for baby number one isn't an issue but if we were to go for baby number two... there might be issues? Not certain.

The cool thing was the only available room was the jacuzzi room at Labor and Delivery which was neato because I'd like to be able to use the water during labor if possible.

I've also signed a lot of Elliot's paperwork for the birth. I've signed off on having him on my insurance, I filled out my list of permitted visitors and non-permitted visitors, and a few other silly policy papers.

He's doing great and is very active these days. I'm so in love with this little boy. So in love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...