Tuesday, September 6, 2011

An actual update!















The top picture is my bare belly... brave, yes? Yes!


Here are some things going on with my pregnancy (and life) lately. I can't believe we're at the 31 week mark soon. Let alone "65 days" away from our due date. Holy smokes!



  1. My belly is defintely HARD now. Before it was quite firm but now FIRM is firmer - therefore, I say it's HARD. In fact, I just balanced a glass of almond milk on it.

  2. Elliot is definitely more and more active. He sometimes has these kicks that are two, three, or even six in a row. They're my favorite!

  3. Hiccups are interesting!

  4. Breast milk/colostrum is here for good. I've been reading up on breast feeding as well as breast feeding for cysters with hypothyroidism. It may not be a possibility for me because of the PCOS or if it is a possibility it may not last as long as I'd like. In reality, this is a topic where truly only time will tell.

  5. I've noticed that when you're NOT pregnant - and you're outspoken or simply say something someone does not like.... it means you have PMS. But if you're PREGNANT and you say something someone doesn't like or doesn't want to hear it's automatically "pregnancy hormones."

  6. My next OB appointment is scheduled for the 20th. I hope I can keep the appointment. I'm feeling a smidge frustrated with planning - people have been planning things that I'm expected to attend but never tell me the date and then if I can't make it I get the "o_O" look. And no - I'm not referring to the baby shower. :P

  7. Sleeping is heavenly. I sleep well for the most part and hope it continues for the remainder of the pregnancy. I am a big fan of my body pillow right now. That thing is amazing.

  8. The nursery is ready for goodies.... I'm having a baby shower this month and I'm so anxious about it. I've done a stellar job at avoiding all things baby shower for years and now I'm having one. Very weird for me. But I know it will be a good time.

  9. My mother-in-law is going to be watching Elliot for us once I go back to work. This is such a blessing to us. She's AMAZING with babies and understands my fear of having a newborn in daycare. Not to mention some of the "stipulations" with daycares right now (example: I could not find a daycare that is local to us willing to take a newborn who is breast fed, formula fed only... and what's weird is we live in a very Mennonite/Amish area where there is lots of breastfeeding going on) I'm so excited to know my MIL will have Elliot. He is the first grandson on my husband's side and I think he's going to adore his Grammy. She's amazing.

  10. Being back to work is nice and I've been working long hours to prepare for maternity leave. The first week of school was stressful but things are calming down now that the kids have finally gotten back into school mode. I have a lot of meetings this month but the cool thing is once mid-October is over I won't have any documentation to write up until after February 10th which is nice.

  11. Exercise: definitely something I still do and plan to do up until I pop. I've noticed a huge difference in how I sleep and how I feel on days following exercise. If I go more than two days without exercise, I feel it.

  12. Birth plan: We skipped baby class tonight. We didn't have the patience for it. Our instructor is very nice but she definitely has her own agenda. She's anti-circumcision, and she's anti-epidural as well as anti-several other things. She doesn't say this is her stand but its clearly implied. I do plan on having a vaginal birth if possible and would like to use water whether it be the tub or shower. But the reality is whatever is best for his health is what I'll do.

  13. Food/Weight: Appetite is in full force but I'm still not at the weight I was when I found out I was pregnant. I'm getting close though considering Elliot's job from here on out is to fatten up in addition to continued brain development. I'm a fan of Chobani greek yogurt, shredded wheat, bananas, and every once in a while a caffeine free pepsi. I also love my almond milk. I haven't really had any ridiculous cravings (pickles on ice cream) but when a craving hits - it HITS!

  14. Feet: I haven't had any swelling of the feet which I've been warned about - but I've also lucked out with having a husband who doesn't mind giving me a foot masage or any other type of body rub down

  15. Emotions: I'm still in shock over being pregnant. I still wake up every morning thanking God for this blessing and I find myself talking to Elliot a lot in the car on my way to work. He responds to his daddy's voice as well as mine and loves music. I'm so in love with this little boy - I can't wait to meet him.





No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...