Friday, October 28, 2011

Love is a virtue

"That is why love is a virtue. It is a language to be learned, a musical instrument to be practiced, a mountain to be climbed via some steep and tricky cliff paths but with the most amazing view from the top. It is one of the things that will last; one of the traits of character which provides a genuine anticipation of that complete humanness we are promised at the end. And it is one of the things, therefore, which can be anticipated in the present on the basis of the future goal...which is already given in Jesus Christ. It is part of the future which can be drawn down into the present." ~ N. T. Wright, After You Believe, p. 183

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...