Sunday, October 30, 2011

This publication from The Endocrine Society is intended for a medical audience. It contains three different opinions (not 100% in agreement with each other) about the use of metformin in the treatment of PCOS. If you are looking for reading material to provide to your doctor about the use of metformin in the treatment of PCOS, or the use of metformin during pregnancy, this might help him or her to understand both PCOS itself, and the reason that metformin might be worth trying. More important than the opinions themselves are the many, many references cited in the margins that your doctor can go to to learn even more. You may be able to help your doctor/health partner learn something new!
http://www.endo-society.org/endo_news/tri_point/2004/upload/3-Perspectives-on-PCOS.pdf


I saw the above info on a facebook I subscribe to regarding PCOS. While metformin and metformin XR did nothing for me - there was change and positive results with glumetza (which IS metformin but absorbed differently. Read with an open mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...