Sunday, November 13, 2011

"The best thing that happened this week..."




















I can't even tell you how many people have told us that Elliot is the best thing that has happened to them this past week. Totally true. There are so many trials and tribulations going on in the lives of loved ones right now, not to mention with this whole Penn State Saga.








Elliot's arrival has been a joyful occassion (DUH!) but we've also had some heartache in our little family this week. My Uncle Spike died this week. He had cancer running all through his body. My husband said to me, "When I heard the news of Uncle Spike passing I immediately imagined your Mommom in heaven saying to Spike, 'Ugh! You just missed Elliot!'" I had to laugh because I could totally see that happening.



My grandfather is tremendously excited about Elliot's arrival and I can't wait for Elliot to meet his GG PopWalt. Elliot is named after my Nana and his middle name Walter is after my father and grandfather. I like to refer to Elliot in his Polish and American names.




I'm feeling better and better each day but know that healing will definitely take time. I'm so grateful to have mom here with us because she's been a huge help. Having a mom that's also a nurse is awesome! Mom has helped me decrease some of the swelling I have (and eventually in 5-8 weeks it should all be gone). She's also helped with well... everything! Apparently my incision looks GREAT and while I'm quite bruised it is looking good.



I think one of the weirdest things I've experienced physically with being "post partum" is when Elliot cries I leak. It's quite bizarre. And I know his cries already. I had visions of not knowing why he was crying but I really know the "hey, I'm wet cry" and the "being naked sucks" cry vs. the "Mmmm I'm really friggin hungry" cry.




Emotionally I'm doing fairly well. I look at him and I'm amazed. I'm having some issues with my pcos and thyroid already and I've just had to accept it because there's really nothing that can be done until I'm further along "post partum" because so many hormones are leaving my body. I'm curious to see if pregnancy will reverse my pcos but I'm fairly sure it won't --- which is fine. I just need to call Dr. P and talk to him about a few things and see what he recommends. I do cry from time to time which is totally expected and sometimes silly. Of course pain brings tears to my eyes, and sometimes I look at Elliot and I just cry these tears of joy. I'm so glad I never gave up. Oh, an I cried when my cat hissed at me and walked away, LOL. She's not so sure as to what to do with Elliot just yet but she hasn't done anything malicious towards us or him.




I've also learned that there is nothing a mother would not do for their child. Last night we took Elliot up to bed and my neighbor is now working an over-night shift. His alarm (we live in a twin home so there is another home attached to ours) was going nuts next door and it woke Elliot. So... I banged on the wall to see if that would wake him. NOPE. So then I picked Elliot up and brought him downstairs to be held by Nana and went outside in my bare feet (brrrr November) and rang their doorbell about 19 times. I then came back in the house and made it back up the stairs (which is painful post c-section) and banged on the wall really hard. Alarm was OFF and then bedtime resumed. :)



I'm pleased with how well things are going thus far and I'm curious to see what Elliot's first doctors appointment will be like tomorrow. I can't believe tomorrow will mark one week since his birth - time is flying by already!



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...