Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Powerful PCOS image

This photo may look silly, but it means a lot to me.

This is Elliot ((DUH)) with two letters on him.

The letter on the left is from January 2011 and it's from Dr. Pellegrini thanking me for the letter I sent him and telling me he hopes he can help me conceive and make progress with PCOS.


On the right is a second letter from Dr. Pellegrini which I received today. It's congratulating me on the arrival of Elliot and says "See you soon..."

I'm so thrilled to be able to introduce Elliot to the doctor who helped us make our dreams of Elliot a reality.

I'm going to be having labs drawn in 6-8 weeks and we're hoping to get ahead of pcos. The tests he drew aren't nearly as extensive as the rest of the ones I've had done in the past.

I am curious to see if I'll be given a time line for baby number two. We can't even think about baby number two and if we'd even want another child. I just know I'm feeling incredibly blessed and thankful these days.

Tests ordered:
2 hour glucose

alt [liver]

ast [liver]

bun/creat [kidney/renal]

dhea sulfate

ggt [hormones, full panel not just progesterone]

insulin resp

t4 free

testosterone

tsh

I'm optimistic about our future regarding not just our family but my PCOS.

Time will tell... Ironically, I won't be able to do these tests until January....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...