Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day 13

Day 13:  Has your physical illness had any effect on your mental health?   Explain.

ANXIETY.

I worry.   However, the problem is I don't worry "enough" to be medicated.   My anxiety is not crippling per say.    I worry over silly things.   For example - say I'm in a meeting in the school auditorium and I end up getting a seat in the middle or not an end seat.   I may then worry, "Oh my gosh, what if I have to get up to use the bathroom and crawl over all of those people?"    It's a silly thing to worry about.   And sometimes (not all the time) I worry about what people think of me.

Or if my husband doesn't answer his phone/texts/emails - it causes me to worry.

I think a lot.   However, I'm also a writer.   It's what we do.   Sometimes I think too much.   Too deep.   I'm too critical.   I often joke that I have no enemies because I am my own worst enemy.

Anxiety has definitely impacted my life - but luckily I know ways to deal with it now and the people close to me know how to help me with it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...