Tuesday, April 19, 2016

PCOS Symposium

On April 16, 2016, I was blessed with the opportunity to attend the PCOS Symposium in Philadelphia with one of my dearest friends.    It was an amazing event, and I strongly encourage all women to look up http://www.pcoschallenge.org/ and see if there will be a symposium offered in your “neck of the woods.”  

Attending the Symposium was not only an educational experience, but also reassuring.   Not to sound vain, but I was pleased to see how much information was being presented by world reknowned experts that I already knew.    However, there was a lot of new information and new research.

Here’s the sad fact:  Only 0.1% of government funding goes to PCOS research.   That is an appalling and depressing statistic.    And while I know money is tight and times are hard… if you have any extra funding that you could donate to PCOS Challenge, it would be greatly appreciated.  

I attended 8 sessions in total:
Advocacy and Support Resources for Women and Girls with PCOS
Lifestyle Management of PCOS: Nutrition and Exercise
Overview: Understanding PCOS
The Impact of Insulin Resistance on Long Term Health in PCOS
Emotional Wellness in Women with PCOS
Couples Therapy: Managing PCOS Relationship Challenges
PCOS Diabetes Connection: Preventing Diabetes, Heart Disease and Other Complications
Interactive Session: PCOS Case Studies, Q&A

Below you will find information from several of the sessions.   Just by looking at the titles, you can tell that some information did overlap (which is fine!).

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.   I am friendleigh82 on Twitter and mamageib on Instagram.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...