Wednesday, May 31, 2017

It's finally over. Sort of.

Back in October, my thyroid started misbehaving.   Again.   We found a problematic spot on the thyroid that had the very real potential of turning into a serious problem.    It was scary.   There's no other words for it.   I am pleased to say that after 210+ days, I am finally and I mean FINALLY on the mend.   I want to thank my amazing team of doctors for their help and guidance during this very confusing and frustrating time.    I also need to thank my amazing husband for standing by me through the scary stuff.   Sometimes I feel so guilty as a wife because while I didn't ask to be born with two autoimmune issues (PCOS and Hashimoto's), he did make the vow to stand by me in sickness and in health... and I really feel like we have hit the sickness quota by now.    The good news is I am now finally down to this beauty:

After my treatment, I had to have NINETY days of "monitored maintenance" meaning I needed my labs to hold steady.   Well, go figure, my last and final lab draw, I had a surge in TSH to 17.10 - no bueno.   The good news is we found it, and we're watching it, and I only need to take a 175 daily with my supplements.   I will take a 175 twice one day per week and we'll go back and check the TSH in 6 weeks.    Because of the thyroid cancer markers, and because my thyroid is now completely burned out (it's seriously there for decoration at this point) I'll definitely be taking magnesium for the rest of my life.

I'm feeling quite optimistic.  

Due to the inflammation from the thyroid nonsense I also needed to have some very painful sinus surgery which I'm finally completely recovered from.   After 8+ months of nonsense and steroids, I'm also happy to report that I'm down 21.7 pounds thanks to weight watchers and low carb,  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, Fitbit!

My Fitbit Charge HR broke.   I took it off and it just ... broke.    I got in contact with FitBit customer service and even though my...