Monday, April 23, 2018

Still going...

I've been spending a lot of time reflecting on my health journey.    This was my first year on weight watchers... in fact, my anniversary is May 2nd.    At one point I was down 41 pounds and I'm kicking myself because I've gained half of that back.

Does this mean the program does not work?    No.   Absolutely not.

In some regards, the problem is/was me.    I let stress at work lead me into unhealthy habits (like not tracking, or skipping a meeting.)

And in other regards, this is the hell that is PCOS and is Hashimoto's.  

1.) I'm posting this and this is hard for me, so I've become more confident in my journey, I guess?
2.) Saturday's aren't for sleeping anymore. I'm up and at em and doing the best I can.
3.) My labs are looking really good. My A1C is 5.4
4.) I'm actually spending time researching root causes, the science behind my illnesses and how to incorporate things into weight watchers
5.) I'm starting to blog with a gal pal of mine with the same goals and same issues
6.) Shaving my legs is no longer considered an Olympic event
7.) I've discovered new foods to help me when I'm feeling stressed or anxious.
8.) I haven't eaten bad food for so long that when I do my ass has a hissy fit and I'm chilling in the bathroom all night.
9.) I'm biting the bullet and going gluten-free as free as I can.
So I think I need to consider my first year on weight watchers "orientation" and a learning curve. I'm preparing for my second year and I'm in it to freaking win it.
Please check in on me, encourage me, love me for where I am in the journey. This shit isn't going to be easy. My goal is to need all new clothes for school/teaching in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...