Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Gratitude Journal/Journey Day 1

I am presently reading/listening to "Girl, Stop Apologizing" by Rachel Hollis.   I read "Girl, Wash Your Face" and even watched her RISE movie.    While there are some things that she writes/speaks about that I'm not really on board with... there's one thing right now I'm willing to try.

Presently, in the book, she is talking about the power of habits and how 30 days can help form or stop a habit - good or bad.   This is not news to me, and she doesn't pretend to invent this concept.   She has posed two challenges thus far that have stood out to me.

Challenge 1:  Hydration.    I may post more about this later, but she's a big fan of drinking water and at least half of your body weight in ounces per day.   She claims .... and I have not had the chance to research this further.... that there are similarities between the feelings of hunger and the symptoms of being dehydrated.   If anyone has any further information on this, please let me know!

Challenge 2:  Gratitude journal.   30 days.   List 10 things whether you are being super specific or not that you're grateful for that day.   Try not to be wishy washy and write things like, "I'm grateful for my husband."   Be more specific like, "So glad Mark packed me a lunch today!"   (Hint hint hubs, LOL!)   I am going to aim for doing this for thirty days but blogging about it for only 15. 

So here is my day one:

April 9th

  1. Hearing a student (who hates all things school) say, "Seriously, your class has always been the best class.   I feel at home here."
  2. Students who took risks and tried something new.
  3. Being able to watch the creative process of my students
  4. Honest conversations with good friends
  5. Hearing of the joyful life change a colleague is getting ready for
  6. Not having to cook dinner - thanks, hubs!
  7. Having Elliot help out during my first asthma attack of April
  8. Nora's tantrum.   Yes.   I'm grateful for it.   I have two children that know how to express their needs and we're working on Nora's approach to that.
  9. Mint M&M's 
  10. Funny comics in the newspaper 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...