Wednesday, December 6, 2017







This weeks Weekly from Weight Watchers is short and sweet and to the point.   At our meeting this week we learned the new program with a guest leader.   Her presentation was awesome!   She basically said all the things we were thinking and answered our questions.

It was neat to hear that this program addition has been in the works for 15 months now and it had been tried out by real people, not celebrities.   This is a comfort to me because let's face it... If I had millions of dollars I would not be cooking and I definitely would not be doing the dishes.

The big take away is the following foods are now free:
Skinless chicken breast (White meat)
Skinless turkey breast (White meat)
Fish
Shellfish
Eggs!
Beans
Tofu
Lentils!!!
Fruit
Veggies - including peas and corn
Non-fat plain yogurt

So then what does this mean for ladies with PCOS attempting Weight Watchers?



Personally, because I know myself, I am still going to stick to my fruit rule.   It works for me.  I try not to have a high sugar/high carb fruit unless it is early in the day and I have time to burn it off. Because women with PCOS are in some ways a ticking time bomb when it comes to diabetes and insulin resistance, I personally prefer to make low glycemic index choices.   The cool thing now though is I don't feel too guilty having some banana and pineapple.   Everything in moderation as always.

To be clear: The Smart Points system is still at play.   This is just the new tweaks to the program.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...