Sunday, June 30, 2019

Wheat Belly

Book review!   
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=12bJ5ZQwaZ674vj3hjwqY2Twqbijs066E
This book took me a while to read because 
every time there was research cited ; I chose to dig and read the sources as well.  

Often times books like these can be viewed as 
propaganda.    I found this book to be quite 
accurate when compared to my experiences 
and prior knowledge.   

While it did not touch on PCOS specifically, it 
did speak about insulin resistance in great detail.  I appreciated the history lessons presented about wheat and how we as Americans grew it a 
century ago vs. now.  

Another area of the book I appreciated was how it talked about being gluten free without 
eating gluten free.   What this means is that to 
eat gluten free is to eat clean.  A lot of the 
products out there that are labeled “gluten free” have so many added fillers and a crap ton of 
carbs.    

I do think it’s worth a read. The research is 
fascinating and as someone with PCOS and 
Hashimotos; it was valuable to me.  

I’m going to have my husband read it next 
because the Alzheimer’s research presented 
was rather scary.   Unfortunately, it runs in his 
Family.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...