Monday, June 14, 2010

Faithful Aerobics - the power of knees

You can not deny that prayer is powerful. It is.

Prayer is powerful.

Take a looksie at Matthew 7:7-8...

Jesus said, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

If you ask a loved one for something, a favor, or even a bite to eat... chances are the request is going to be granted. With Father's Day approaching, it's important to recognize not only your father here but your heavenly Father. God answers prayers... akk you need to do is ask. Have a conversation with God. "Ask and it will be given to you..."

If you have a minute, take a looksie at James 5:16 ... Elijah demonstrates an important lesson on prayer.

It is no wonder that in Matthew 21:21, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done."

Prayer is powerful. When you have unwavering faith in God, He will answer your prayers. That's why you stand tallest on your knees.

Keeping faith is a challenge...

When do YOU struggle with faith?

I struggle when I fixate on the future. I know I shouldn't fixate on it, but it's a hard habit to break! I wonder, "Will this doctor help me?" "Will this upcoming Father's Day be my husband's last Father's day without children?" God will get us there. God will get you there. No matter where there may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...