Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Challenge - complete!







Well... I did it!    I actually completed the 30for30challenge.   

I lost a total of 6.3 pounds and have definitely seen the increase in weight loss come in weeks three and four which is where intermittent fasting came into play.   I am down a total of 15.3 pounds for the summer and I'm thinking of doing another challenge for August.

Knowing that I'm posting on social media, checking in with a buddy, and documenting in my planner is helping big time.   

The entire challenge was not perfect, but it is complete. 

Misses:
I missed 4 days of exercise, 6 days of AM face routine, 3 days of Ovasitol, 3 days of water, 7 days of pm routine and 5 days of reflection.

Goals:
My goals, in my opinion, were met.   I wanted to stay consistent with the challenge and while I may have missed an objective - each day was a success.    I didn't forget.   I didn't quit.    I am bummed that I didn't get to see the dentist (seriously, I love going to the dentist) but she's gonna try to get me in before going back to work.   It's kind of awesome that her office is so busy, that wasn't the case a few months ago and I was worried about losing her.   I have kept up with my blogging and my reading and I did score one date night with the hubs. 

Non-scale victories:
Several!

  • Obviously, the challenge in and of itself is a victory.
  • Not giving in to several temptations.    Some examples include snacks at a party, ordering from a drive thru, etc.     Seriously, I didn't have any wooder ice at all this month!
  • Taking time to focus on ME.    I don't really do it.
  • Spoke with a personal trainer about my needs, debating on taking the plunge ($$$$)
  • Starting intermittent fasting
  • Using the carb manager app (which by the way I compared to weight watchers... fascinating!)


Concerns:
I'm worried that once school starts up in a few weeks I won't be as focused on me or as disciplined.  I don't want to gain the weight back due to work stress and I don't want to lose momentum.   Because of this concern, I want to make sure I do at least one more #30for30challenge in August so that I keep it going.   

Feel free to join me!




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...