Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Challenge Reflection

So here's the cliffs notes in an image and further information will be below.


I am down six pounds since July 1st and while it does not sound like much and at first was a bit upsetting... I am pleased.  I did some math and I'm losing about 0.26 pounds a day.    If I were to stay at this rate for a year, I'd be down one hundred pounds.   Looking at the bigger picture helps.

Around July 11th I started looking more seriously into this concept of intermittent fasting.

There's a wide variety of research out there and the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to try it.     I am using two apps to help me with this.   I did download the free trial of the premium version of MyFitnessPal, but it's far too involved and fancy for my liking.    Instead, I'm using the ZERO app to track my fasting and Carb Manager to track my food/carbs.   I would like to note that these are google images and not my own data. 




I do not feel hungry or that I am starving.   I feel like I am making good food choices and I also feel like my gut health is improving.   I have been having issues with stomach acid/reflux but I'm figuring out ways to keep that at bay. 

My next step is to read more and research more.   Next on the reading list is The Obesity Code. 

I'm hoping to be more active this final week.   I lost my big toe nail (OUCHHHH) and man that sucker hurt for a while.   Yesterday was my first day pain free.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...