Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Passion flower and Cherries for anxiety

My husband's research findings on passion flower and cherries for anxiety:

http://www.naturalnews.com/036467_passion_flower_anxiety_pain_relief.html 

which states that "The leaves and roots of many passion flower varieties contain compounds called beta-carboline HARMALA ALKALOIDS. These alkaloids act as natural MAO (monoamine oxidase) inhibitors. MAO inhibitors aid in the metabolism of feel-good neurotransmitters serotonin and norephinephrine.

This produces a calm state of being as well as a sense of well being. It helps reduce feelings of anxiety and lessen the symptoms of stress by elevating the circulation of happiness-promoting chemicals. Passion flower has very few known side-effects which makes it a desirable, natural remedy for anxiety and occasional nervousness. It can also help induce and improve the quality of sleep."

I made the connection myself to this.....


and this


which both have ANTHOCYANINS as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...