Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Waiting Game...




The Waiting Game.

Most women wanting a child know this game well. It's that WAIT. That way too long wait to the question "Am I Pregnant?" or "Is this our month?" OR "Come on... this HAS to be it...right?!"

I've always wanted children.
Always.
I'm a teacher, I love kids.
I'm an aunt and a Godparent.
LOVE children.

When my husband and I first started to try to conceive, we were so excited and in a way... foolishly optimistic.

There have been dozens of rounds of "the waiting game"

There also has been a lot of heart ache due to loss or flat out "no" results.

It took a long time for me to get to where I am now. I am finally at a place where I can honestly say I'm leaving it all up to God. Seriously.

This doesn't mean that the waiting game gets easy.

It doesn't.

I'm presently playing the game right now. I had a weird looking home pregnancy test and I need to wait it out.

And the wait is torture!

Every interesting sensation automatically takes on a new meaning. A new thought.
You wonder if that cramp is a good cramp or a bad cramp.
You pray.
You are cautious when you go to the bathroom.
You pray harder.
You take your time and try to remain calm at all times.
You're still praying.
You rub your belly and don't even know why.
You pray harder.
You look in the mirror.
You pray.

So to all my friends out there who are presently in the middle of "The Waiting Game" or have "been there" even once... these passages from the Bible may help you.

Good luck. Stay strong. Waiting isn't a bad thing. God is with us.

James 5:8 - "Be as calm in your waiting; let your hearts be strong: because the coming of the Lord is near."

James 5:7 - "Go on waiting calmly, my brothers, till the coming of the Lord, like the farmer waiting for the good fruit of the eart till the early and late rains have come."

1 Corinthians 13:4 - "Love is never tired of waiting."

And my personal favorite...
Psalms 130:5 - "I am waiting for the Lord, my soul is waiting for Him, and my hope is in his Word."

Also: Romans 5: 4-5, Psalms 37:34, Proverbs 20:22, Proverbs 27:18 ... lots of scripture on WAITING! We are not alone!

1 comment:

JadeEJF said...

Wise words, for sure :D

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...