Tuesday, January 18, 2011

100th entry!


PCOS is a Teaser Storm. Hear me out...
Today we had a two hour delay for work. For those of you who do not know, I am a high school special education teacher. I absolutely LOVE my job. LOVE it! I work for an amazing district with amazing people and I have amazing students. However, there is something magical about the two hour delay. You get to stay home a little longer, snuggle a little longer, enjoy peace for a little longer.
Today I got to thinking about PCOS and TTC (trying to conceive). You're going to have to follow my line of thinking here...
As much as I love the two hour delay, an unexpected snow day is also nice. It's almost as if I could relate the two hour delay and a snow day to trying to have a baby with PCOS. The two hour delay is like a teaser... like ovulation.... you finally get something.... but not enough. And all you want is that BIG snowstorm.... or, in my case, the BFP (big fat positive)
It's hard to get my point across.
I guess you wait and wait and wait and you do whatever medical interventions need to be done (in my case getting my hormones balanced) and you hope for a positive test but sometimes you just have to settle for an on time cycle.
I guess what I'm saying is I've been waiting and waiting for a big giant snow day (because you're never too old to play in the snow) and I've also been waiting for the BFP.... and right now I'm just DELAYED.
I know God will provide but I'm feeling antsy. We FINALLY have my body figured out and know why it does and does not do things. And now that we have the hard stuff taken care of, I'm just feeling incredibly clucky and anxious to meet the baby our love creates.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...