Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 1

Day One:  Introduce yourself.   What illnesses do you have?   How long have you had them?

My name is Leigh Anne, friends call me LeLe.   I'm 31 years old and I've been married to my bff since May of 2005.    We have one son, Elliot, who truly is our miracle baby boy.  

I have a wide variety of interests.    I consider myself a life long learner and a memory collector.    I love to laugh and can't stand being bored.    I need to be intellectually stimulated at all times.    I speak fluent sarcasm.  

Now on to the fun stuff....
I am diagnosed with PCOS and Hashimoto's Auto Immune Hypothyroiditis.  

I have always known "something wasn't right" with my body since my teen years.    I never received a PCOS diagnosis until my TWENTIES which is flat out ridiculous.    MANY doctors simply told me I was just heavy and lazy and if I worked out for x amount of hours a day 4-5 days a week I'd drop the weight.   Well, I tried that and all it landed me was some mono.    Pretty much nobody listened to me, or took me seriously.    Very unfortunate.     I was diagnosed with the hypothyroidism when I was about 24.   As the condition progressed I became diagnosed as "hyper sensitive hypothyroid" and after having my son I went from having a thyroid condition to a thyroid disease.   My thyroid went absolutely nuts after I lost my milk supply and stopped nursing.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...