Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sea-bands!!!



I was up at about 1:30 this morning and the nausea was INTENSE. Remember that whole post on how I've had the sensations but not really the action? Yea... scratch that! I had some really violent vomiting this morning and while it was completely MISERABLE, it was JOYFUL as well because to me - it means things are GOOD in there. :)

I was back to bed at about 3 but the nausea just would. not. quit. I then was up at 7 to go for my thyroid blood-work. We were going to go home after blood-work, but decided to do grocery shopping. Our first stop was absolutely miserable. Everything I looked at made me want to hurl. Luckily, we were in and out of store number one.

Store number two wasn't so bad until I needed to run to the bathroom and the bathroom is in the Restaurant and the Restaurant smelled of COFFEE which made me hurl.

Finally, we had to make a stop at the pharmacy and while waiting for my Rx, we looked over and saw SEA BANDS!!!! I had heard about them from a few friends and read about them in my baby book. Well, let me tell you - the best $9.99 EVER!


Sea Bands work through plastic studs sewn into the elastic that place pressure on the “Nei Kuan” pressure point, and specifically work to reduce nausea and vomiting. They're used for pregnancy, morning sickness, motion sickness, nausea from chemo and even from surgery.

I am SHOCKED that it's working and even though I don't know if this is in my head or not, if it is junk science or not - I just know it's working. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Holy smokes! Life sure can get busy!   I can't believe I forgot about my blog!   Well... eh... I didn't forget... I just... didn'...